Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900)
- A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing.
- There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.
- Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
- Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes.
- I have nothing to declare except my genuis. (Upon entering US customs)
- Women are made to be loved, not understood.
- We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
- All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
- Between men and women there is no friendship possible. There is passion, enmity, worship, love, but no friendship.
- Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.
- Experience is one thing you can't get for nothing.
- I can resist everything except temptation.
- I am not young enough to know everything.
- The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple.
- To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.
- True friends stab you in the front.
Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)
- A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
- I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
- The mere thought hadn't even begun to speculate about the merest possibility of crossing my mind.
- Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
Scott Adams (?)
- You don't have to be a "person of influence" to be influential. In fact, the most influential people in my life are probably not even aware of the things they've taught me.
C.S. Lewis (1898-1963)
- Even in literature and art, no man who bothers about originality will ever be original: whereas if you simply try to tell the truth (without caring twopence how often it has been told before) you will, nine times out of ten, become original without ever having noticed it.
Benjamin Button (2008)
- For what it's worth, it's never too late, or in my case too early, to be whoever you want to be. There's no time limit... start whenever you want... you can change or stay the same. There are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things that you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life that you're proud of and if you find that you're not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again.
Copyright © 2006 by Skeeve Stevens
August 14, 2006